Welder / Fabricator
New Jersey Turnpike Authority
The Welder is responsible for inspection, repair and fabrication of various parts for automobiles, light and heavy duty trucks, agricultural and construction equipment, facility equipment, and roadway structures. Take an idea from concept to fabrication by means of work requests that include an explanation, drawings and/or rough sketches. Performs specialized duties involving welding, cutting and metal fabrication with the use of specialized equipment, a welder is expected to use independent judgment in selecting the repair methods, equipment, and materials used to accomplish assignments. Uses Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), metal inert gas (MIG), tungsten inert gas (TIG), to weld milled steel, aluminum, and stainless steel, weld both vertical and horizontal plane geometry. Have the ability to utilize plasma or oxy-fuel methods when cutting ferrous or nonferrous metals. Have the ability to read and interpret schematics, and rough sketches. Completes and maintains records of servicing operations such as: electronic entries for work orders and labor time.
- A high school diploma or GED
- Graduate of formal accredited welding vocational training.
- Current AWS certifications in SMAW 3G/4G.
- Possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- Four years of experience in performing skilled welding in the areas of fabrication, equipment repair and structural welding; include contact information for all previous employers.
- Submit a detailed resume outlining all of the details under “Minimum Qualifications”.
- Submit copies of items 1, 2 and 3 under “Minimum Qualifications”.
- Required application detail omissions will result in disqualification.
To download a copy of this job posting click HERE