Maintenance - Body Repairperson
New Jersey Turnpike Authority
Works under the supervision of a Foreman or Supervisor performing all assigned duties including recommending the materials, methods, and scheduling the repair, replacement and finishing of damaged or rusted areas on vehicles and other equipment.
1. Performs conversion and repair work involving torch cutting, sawing, welding, gas welding, brazing,
soldering, tinning, grinding, sand-blasting, filing, glazing, fabricating, cleaning, straightening, and finishing (hand or spray painting) equipment.
2. Mixes colors to assure a match finish luster and polishes.
3. Must be able to safely drive vehicles and equipment.
4. Must be able to spray paint while wearing an air supplied respirator.
5. Identifies, handles and understands and uses material and supplies weighing fifty (50) pounds or more, and is familiar with their movement and storage.
6. Keeps tools and equipment in good working condition.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or requirements for the job. Management reserves the right to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR RELATIONSHIPS:
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all employees of the Authority. Represent the Authority in a positive, professional, and confidential manner in dealings with external agencies, contractors, and all other individuals and entities. Maintain professional demeanor even in high stress emergency and weather situations.
1. Formal education or training equivalent to the completion of high school, GED, or graduation from a vocational or trade school in the body repair field or the satisfactory completion of the Turnpike Apprentice Program.
2. Requires ability to understand written and oral instructions, sketches and blueprints.
3. Must be reliable and dependable.
4. A minimum of four (4) years of experience in major and minor overhauling, repairs and preventative
maintenance in autos, trucks, heavy equipment, diesel engines, snow plows and other related equipment
and the passing of required testing.
5. Possesses a valid driver's license with a CDL endorsement.