Customer Operations and Contract Administration, Assistant
New Jersey Turnpike Authority
Works under the general direction of the Chief Information Officer to manage and administer contacts, as well as customer service operations. Contracts and customer service operations vary in scope but will mostly focus on the Authority’s toll revenue collection. Other tasks include, but are not limited to, asset leases and technology vendor contracts.
- Lead, internal and external efforts, in all aspects of the Authority’s Customer Service Center, Violations Processing, and Financial Back Office services for toll revenue collection.
- Work with other departments and state agencies to analyze, administer, and enforce the Authority’s toll revenue collection contract.
- Serve as the primary point on contact for all operations listed above.
- Accountable for performance review and improvements of all back office customer service operations.
- Negotiate terms, conditions, and pricing for IT contracts and ensure they are accurately executed and satisfied.
- Enforce all contract terms and conditions.
- Lead and promote an ongoing program of continuous contract improvements.
- Develop an overall contract strategy.
- Serve as a liaison between internal and external parties during contract development and negotiation stages.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the CIO.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or requirements for the job. The Authority reserves the right to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR RELATIONSHIPS:
Has responsibility for maintaining harmonious working relationships with this and other departments and individuals in the Authority’s organization, as well as outside vendors, necessary for obtaining the objectives of the position.
- Excellent understanding of customer facing service operations such as Call Centers, Direct Mail, Web-based, and Mobile Services.
- Bachelor's degree in Management or related field.
- Understanding of service delivery models.
- Must have financial background associated with large contract management and administration, including, but not limited to outsourcing/BPO agreements.
- Ability to work with diverse teams.
- Must have strong understanding of project plans.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in contract administration.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills. High level of initiative and proactive nature.
- Possess a valid driver's license.