ITS - Administrative Assistant 1
New Jersey Turnpike Authority
Support the Chief Information Officer with administrative and clerical support services with the objective of maximizing the effectiveness of the office. Ensure proper flow of office procedures and support the Chief Information Officer by carrying out common office duties. Maintain a positive and friendly company image by acting as the first line of contact for the department.
- Conduct clerical duties, including, but not limited to, filing, mail and document distribution, answering phone calls, scheduling meetings, and approving payroll.
- Plan, schedule, and/or attend meetings and conferences, and prepare reports thereon.
- Create spreadsheets, reports, letters, memorandums, emails and any other form of communication and documentation as required.
- Create, compile, and update personnel, financial, and other data records.
- Apply special knowledge of filing systems to maintain accurate up-to-date central files for the department.
- Manage Administrative Services section and ensure performance metrics are met.
- Perform accounting and requisition tasks, including budget tracking.
- Perform research and other duties when assigned to assist in special projects.
- Assist in planning and implementing administrative improvements including organizational changes.
- Ability to navigate in the Authority’s Enterprise Resource Planning System (PeopleSoft Financials & Human Capital Management) to accomplish tasks such as, but not limited to, entering Material Stock Requests, all forms of Purchase Requisitions, Check Requisitions, Payroll, etc.
- Maintain appropriate information in the strictest confidence.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Information Officer.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or requirements for the job. Management reserves the right to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR RELATIONSHIPS:
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all employees of the Authority. Represent the Authority in a positive, professional, and confidential manner in dealings with external agencies, contractors and all other individuals. Maintain professional demeanor even in high stress emergency and weather situations.
- Associate’s degree or certification (graduation) from an accredited secretarial/administrative assistant training program preferred.
- Four (4) years’ experience as a professional secretary in a large corporation or public-sector agency.
- Knowledge of office management principles, procedures, and techniques and their adaptation.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office including but not limited to: Word, Excel, etc.
- Professional in demeanor and presentation.
- Must possess a valid NJ Driver’s License.
To download a copy of this job posting click HERE