Engineering - Project Supervisor – Design
Project Supervisor – Design
New Jersey Turnpike Authority
Perform activities necessary to progress engineering projects from their conception through design, construction, and project completion. Work under the direction of the Supervising Engineer, Senior Supervising Engineer or designee.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage all aspects of the work program for assigned engineering projects.
- Act as the Engineering Department representative in dealings with consultants, architects, governmental agencies, contractors, Authority Departments, and other entities regarding assigned engineering projects.
- Prepare all necessary project correspondence and documents associated with consultant OPS agreements, estimates, budgets, requisitions, necessary applications, internal and external correspondence and reports, plans and specifications, bidder qualifications, advertisements, Right-Of-Way requirements, permits, agreements, utility relocations, licenses to cross, traffic permits, and project status reports.
- Maintain contact with staff throughout the Authority. Participate in group or individual presentations on benefits and other Authority sponsored programs/services.
- Make appropriate recommendations regarding consultant scope or work for OPS’s.
- Review consultant proposals and perform activities associated with consultant selection.
- Work in accordance with standards/policies set forth in the Authority’s Design Manual, Design Standard Drawings, Manual for Construction, Standard Specifications and Standard Drawings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or requirements for the job. Management reserves the right to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR RELATIONSHIPS:
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all employees of the Authority. Represent the Authority in a positive, professional, and confidential manner in dealings with external agencies, contractors, and all other individuals. Maintain professional demeanor even in high stress emergency and weather situations.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or Bachelor of Architecture required.
- Registration as Professional Engineer in New Jersey is preferred.
- Five (5) years of professional engineering experience preferably containing a mix of highway, structures, drainage, site, utilities and pavement design, contract document preparation, and construction supervision relating to various types of civil engineering projects.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and general scheduling programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License
Interested candidates may send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please include name and job of interest in the subject line.
Last Name, First Name – Project Supervisor – Design
Your application will be reviewed and you will be notified in the event you are selected for an interview.
To download a copy of this job posting click HERE