Engineering - Project Supervisor Construction
New Jersey Turnpike Authority
Under the general direction of the Senior Supervising Engineer or Supervising Engineer, fulfills management responsibilities for the protection of Authority interests in new construction and alteration work and ensures completion of contracts in accordance with the Authority's policies and procedures and in conformance with the contract documents.
- Review and coordinate contract plans, specifications, and other documents related to construction for the Authority. Review and approve pay estimates and change orders. Prepare appropriate reports justifying change order work. Prepare contract documents for more routine types of construction.
- Direct and manage the efforts of consulting engineers with construction supervision.
- Act as Resident Engineer in the field, when required, on small to intermediate size construction projects.
- Carry out other related and special assignments as directed by supervisor, preparing reports with recommendations.
- Provide liaison activities between Turnpike Departments, consultants, contractors and outside agencies as required to progress construction projects and address issues in the field.
- Prepare requests for Expressions of Interest, technical and fee proposals, review proposals and recommend selection of consulting engineers, which comply with Authority requirements.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or requirements for the job. Management reserves the right to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR RELATIONSHIPS:
Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with all employees of the Authority. Represents the Authority in a positive, professional, and confidential manner in dealings with external agencies, consultants, contractors, and all other individuals. Maintain professional demeanor even in high stress emergency and weather situations.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or Bachelor of Architecture.
- Registered as Professional Engineer in New Jersey preferred.
- Four (4) years experience as a construction Resident Engineer, or similar experience managing construction projects, including analysis, negotiation and preparation of change orders and review of construction methods and procedures.
- Highway, Structures and/or Building design related experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and general scheduling programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License.
To download a copy of this job posting click HERE