Engineering Assistant Manager Right-of-Way
New Jersey Turnpike Authority
Assist in managing matters involving property and right-of-way relating to Authority/Engineering Department projects, providing the expertise to keep current all related and pertinent records, plans, maps, property descriptions, and titles.
- Maintain the Authority’s right-of-way plans, surplus property plans, and documents.
- Supervise revisions and updates as dictated by sales, acquisitions of property, and/or granting of easements.
- Review right-of-way plans and documents prepared by consultants for all major construction projects and other property acquisition projects.
- Ensure efficient and effective service to all Authority departments for proposed property and right-of-way acquisitions, disposition of surplus properties, and related title work, surveys, and map preparation.
- Oversee title search and research regarding Authority owned land and property under consideration for purchase by the Authority.
- Review and assist the preparation of sales contracts and deed descriptions to ensure compliance with consultant prepared plans and documents.
- Instruct consulting engineers’ right-of-way coordinators on requirements of real estate document preparation.
- Assist in creation of maintenance and jurisdictional (M&J) plans and documents.
- Review M&J plans and documents received from other agencies/entities.
- Participate in solution of Authority environmental and wetlands related issues.
- Provide right-of-way information as may be required in performance of appraisals, surveys, and title agency functions.
- Perform field investigations to ascertain property trespass or encroachment on Authority property.
- Supervise staff who perform analyses/responses to notices of public hearings.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or requirements for the job. Management reserves the right to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR RELATIONSHIPS:
Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with all employees of the Authority. Represents the Authority in a positive, professional, and confidential manner in dealings with external agencies, consultants, contractors, and all other individuals. Displays a flexible and adaptable attitude. Demonstrates leadership, initiative, good work ethic and team work contributing positively to the Authority’s overall performance.
- Associates Degree with technical training emphasizing surveying and plan preparation or a minimum of five (5) years in surveying related functions or a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering with five (5) years of right of way document preparation and civil engineering design experience. Five (5) years of acceptable experience in the real estate/property acquisition field preferred.
- New Jersey Professional Land Surveyors License preferred.
- Working knowledge of the filing systems, county deed filing, recording procedures, computer systems, applicable software, and highway construction and familiarity with title search, policy information, and use of basic office machines and equipment.
- Possess plan reading abilities and the ability to manage and maintain records as related to responsibilities.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License.