Engineering - Assistant Engineer - Contracts
New Jersey Turnpike Authority
Provides support and assistance as needed to manage the various engineering and administrative activities in the Engineering Department’s Contracts Section.
1. Performs tasks required for the procurement of all Authority construction contracts from final design through bid and award; assists staff in the use of the Authority’s Capital Program Management System.
2. Reviews construction bid plans, specifications, and other deliverables from consultants and Authority engineers for conformance with Authority policies, procedures, standards and administrative code.
3. Assists in research and data collection regarding the Qualified Products List (QPL).
4. Facilitates revisions to the Authority Standard Specifications and other standard documents; reviews contractor prequalification applications and prepares recommendations for the Chief Engineer’s consideration.
5. Attends meetings and prepares correspondence related to the responsibilities above.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or requirements for the job. Management reserves the right to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR RELATIONSHIPS:
Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with consulting engineers, contractors, external agencies and all employees of the Authority. Represents the Authority in a positive, professional, and confidential manner in dealings with external agencies, contractors, and all other individuals. Maintains professional demeanor, demonstrates leadership, initiatives, good work ethics and team spirit, thus contributes positively to the Engineering Departments overall performance.
1. Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering.
2. Engineer in Training Certificate, preferred.
3. Ability to obtain New Jersey Professional Engineer License.
4. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and general scheduling programs.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License.