Assistant Engineer - Construction
New Jersey Turnpike Authority
The Assistant Engineer- Construction works under the direction of the Senior Supervising Engineer or designee. He/she provides support and assistance as needed to manage the various engineering and administrative activities in the Engineering Department's Construction Division.
- Assists in developing scope of work and request for proposal documents for construction assignments.
- Reviews and coordinates contract document review comments during the design phase. Assembles necessary information such as plans, specifications, utility orders, crossing permits, agreements, etc., as required for the execution and administration of construction contracts.
- Reviews and recommends for approval or disapproval, pay estimates, change orders, change of plans, drawings, etc. Maintains accurate records pertaining to project costs and schedules.
- Assists with supervising field engineering work undertaken by Resident Engineers, inspection staff and survey crews as directed. Reviews material testing and other reports submitted by outside agencies.
- Provides liaison activities between Turnpike departments, consultants, contractors, outside agencies and third parties as required to progress construction projects and address issues that arise in the field.
- Works under the direction of the Senior Supervising Engineer or his designee to carry out other related work required of construction projects.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR RELATIONSHIPS:
Maintains a cooperative working relationship with superiors and others in the Engineering Department, throughout the Authority's organization and with consulting engineers, contractors, and outside agencies. Displays a flexible and adaptable attitude. Represents the Authority in a professional manner in interactions with others. Demonstrates initiative, contributing positively to the Construction Division's overall performance.
- Engineer in Training Certificate, preferred.
- Ability to obtain New Jersey Professional Engineer License.
- Working knowledge of general construction management systems and programs.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License.
To download a copy of this job posting click HERE