New Jersey Turnpike Authority
Performs all assigned duties, such as installing protection devices, inspects, repairs, cleans and maintains all electrical systems and equipment using various hand and power tools, special equipment, operates bucket trucks, trucks and autos with care and safety.
- Must know basic principles of alternating and direct current electricity and be familiar with AC and DC power and control systems.
- Must know techniques of electrical wiring, installation of conduit, splicing and connection of switch gear and other electrical accessories and controls.
- Maintenance and repair of changeable message, VMS, speed warning and speed limit signs.
- Must be able to read, understand and use building blueprints, electrical schematic diagrams and wire circuit drawings.
- Must be able to compute voltage, amperage and resistance factors.
- Requires attentiveness when working, especially with high voltage and primary circuits.
- Requires dependability to maintain electrical equipment and systems.
- Requires reasoning ability and mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and inspect, determine malfunctions, clean, repair and maintain electro-mechanical equipment and systems, motors, controls, switch boxes, feeder systems, area lighting, generators, primary voltage, transformers and other related electrical work on equipment and appliances including cleaning and painting.
- Perform mark outs to protect underground facilities within the Turnpike right of way.
- Ability to work independently and make go judgment decisions without extensive supervision. Must be able to identify and order parts for equipment repairs, moving and storage including office equipment and furniture.
- Keeps tools and equipment in proper place and in good working condition.
- Maintains a safe, secure and sanitary work place.
- Prepares routine and special reports, or records, surveys, estimates and schedules.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or requirements for the job. Management reserves the right to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR RELATIONSHIPS:
Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with all employees of the Authority. Represents the Authority in a positive, professional, and confidential manner in dealings with external agencies, consultants, contractors, and all other individuals. Maintain professional demeanor even in high stress emergency and weather situations.
Formal education or training equivalent to the completion of high school or the graduation from a vocational or trade school in the electro-mechanical field, or the satisfactory completion of the Turnpike Apprentice Program.
- Requires ability to understand written and oral instructions.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a CDL endorsement.
- Four years experience in electro-mechanical industrial installations and or maintenance and the passing of a profile test.
- Must be a qualified Journeyman electrician or have a N.J. Electrical License
To download a copy of this job posting click HERE